Monday, December 28, 2009

Femme

Is it just me, or do women in this day and age still feel undervalued? Why do you think that is? Ever since the age of Sufferance, and even before, women have been underestimating themselves simply because they assumed that men were doing the same thing. Do we, as women, have to wear metaphoric or literal pants in order to become an assertive part of the work force, or even the human race in general? In my opinion, that answer is a resounding NO--perhaps with a zesty expletive thrown in just before.

Now, I am not some hairy-legged, cigar-smoking, mustached Feminist. But, neither am I a domesticated, child-rearing, dish-washing house wife (although I have very high respect for you ladies, I couldn't fill your shoes half as well as you do). I am a full time student. And, as such, I enjoy learning. I'd like my education to expand until it is like the world's largest rubber band ball, something flexible that bounces and bounces until it is ready to explode into thousands of tiny, elastic thoughts, each a beginning for the next largest ball. Therefore, I am choosing to further increase my knowledge, and that of my readers (if I am so blessed to have someone stumble upon this lonely page and stick with my mumbo jumbo long enough to be considered a "reader") by embarking on a journey of womanhood.

I encourage you, readers, to follow me--even if you have that ill-begotten Y chromosome--through this tumultuous landscape of femininity. If I manage to complete this quest, that being to explore the conquests of two new women each week with an even higher goal of one a day for a year, I will have successfully proved that women have no need to feel undervalued. We may not be the dominate gender (no penis envy here, thank you Freud!), but we definitely don't have something to prove. In fact, I think we have something to continue.

Let's grab the torch of our fore-mother's legacy and use it to light our path into a wilderness of faces, learning more about our heroines and ourselves as each day progresses.

HOORAH
and two thumbs up for enthusiasm and late night coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment