Sunday, March 28, 2010

Losing Sleep

In my eyes, there is a layer as fine as brick dust, an opaque chalk that separates one person from another. But, in the same way brick dust is made up of a million particles, so is this layer. No one truly penetrates it. It bends and folds and stretches and waves eternally. We are continually adding to it. We are continually strengthening it.

In a way, it's sad that we refuse to be closer to people.

But, I don't think we can control this. It's something we're born with. Although, I do know of instances where the fog has cleared and I've felt closer to another human being than ever before. It's nice, not to be alien all the time. That is why I listen to music, why I read. Well crafted art makes you vulnerable.

I want to be a writer because people make me happy. All different people. I want to have that mutual weakening of the boundary.

No comments:

Post a Comment