Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sucker

French inhale and throw stones at corpses
Don't sit around and think
Talk and sit and suck smoke from stems of roses

When we walk don't touch me
Don't brush your cold body against me
You remind me of my grandfather's dentures: useful but dead

Square lights and jagged teeth or houses
Cats call at us and ask why our legs aren't bare
And we ignore, vapid, empty people

And we inhale the whole world
I imagine we could swish blue vapor through our teeth
learn from it, taste infinity

Our brains would shake our hands

1 comment:

  1. "Stones at corpses" & "cats call" is clever. in the good way, not the fight club way.

    my favorite is "our brains would shake our hands" and "we inhale the whole world," but i wish you would have said "we inhale the whole world twice" because i taught you to inhale twice.

    keep posting because your poems are better than you know :)

    ReplyDelete