Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Attempted Manslaughter

An attempt at poetry.

This is basically why I don't write poetry. In fact, when I do write poetry I find that the words seem involuntary like ill-willed asylum patients. They lay down on the page, but do everything in their power attack each other and create chaos.

But, I gave it a shot. Sometime, I might even post something that I actually worked at...

Untitled

Why do we feel
stronger in the dark?
We fight battles in soup cans
with lima beans in our cork screw eyes.
Foment the calm with butter knives
of silent monochrome.

Why do we feel
safe in closets?
Our elbows imprinted
with the half moon stamp of a hanger.
It begrudges us privacy
among gawking turtle necks.

Why do we clench our teeth
in sunlight?
Our mouths like hissing radiators,
spill foggy heat.
We are ships docked in the bay
of a town
with no whores.

No comments:

Post a Comment