Tuesday, February 2, 2010

me Me ME.


Big news on the "I'm going to be published" front.


To those few big shots who don't think this is important...go strangle a pygmy goat.

Anyone else (that includes you, Dad):

I read some non-fiction at a local bar called Motini's on Monday! I wasn't what you would call a smashing success, but I did manage to move a few people (and no, I'm not talking about the souls that got up and left while I was reading), and I have been asked to return. However, whether or not that will happen soon is another matter. I am a freshman and I am not a master of the craft...but I think they like fresh perspectives.

Anywho, I have also been asked to be a junior(ish) member of the Writer's Community council(ish) thing. I am pretty stoked. For those of you not in the know, this means that I will be helping to plan the last few events of this semester. Thanks a lot to Rebbecca and Tyler for including me.

Last shout out, I swear, I want to thank all those who follow this blog. It's been pretty tough to figure out what I am doing here. It's obvious that I have lost my original perspectives about blogging. Basically, I used to think that people who blogged about their own exploits, were selfish nincompoops. Well, I have joined the throng. I think that I am going to use this blog to talk about literature and my life and my writing and me, me, me. But, that's ok. I am a writer. I am allowed that pig-headed creative license.

Last note before I sign off. I am working on a big project that I like to call "The One Inch Frame." It is merely a collection of "flash" non-fiction stories mostly about my life and relating to my generation. I haven't really written much non-fiction, but I am excited to explore the genre. Oh, and I stole my title from Anne Lamott's book, Bird by Bird. I am using the metaphorical "one inch frame" to examine and distill memories from my past into words.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Elysia!! How exciting! I'm glad that you are finding success. I must say that I do miss our weekly chats about your writing, I think of you often!

    Take care!

    Mrs. V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I miss you too. I hope we can get together this summer.
    Elysia

    ReplyDelete